I consider Napa Valley my second home as I spend lots of time there (it’s one of my favorite places on Earth). My friends who live in the area and folks I know at the wineries in Sonoma, Napa, and Santa Rosa are shaken but so far okay. Many have been evacuated from the raging fires. People’s homes, barns, resorts, wineries, and countless vineyards have been completely destroyed, all things that fuel the livelihood and economy in the area. This is a horrible situation and my heart goes out to all the people in California.
If you would like to help, I highly recommend making a contribution to the Northbay Fire Relief Fund, where 100% of all money raised will go to help those in greatest need. Napa vintners Craig and Kathryn Hall have generously announced that they will match gifts dollar for dollar up to $100,000. Please donate now.
For those evacuees in the area, below is a list of places to get help or shelter:
Emergency Services/Local News Information:
- Napa Valley College Gymnasium, 2277 Napa Vallejo Highway, south Napa
- Napa County Fairgrounds, 1435 N. Oak Street, Calistoga
- Solano Community College Library, 4000 Suisun Valley Road, Building 100, Fairfield
- Marin Veterans’ Memorial Auditorium, 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael
- County of Napa Animal Shelter, Hartle Court (near Century Theaters), Napa
- Jameson Animal Rescue Ranch