Basketball players and fine wine: doesn’t seem to go together at first glance. But the NBA is increasingly sponsoring team-sanctioned wine country getaways to high-end wineries in the Napa Valley. ESPN covered this interesting look at some of these athletes turned connoisseurs, and some interesting facts include:
- Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, and Dwyane Wade share a love of Riesling.
- Steph Curry, Kevin Love and CJ McCollum love the Vivino app.
- Ryan Anderson took his wife to New Zealand wine country on their honeymoon.
- Carmelo Anthony’s “perfect” wine was a bottle of 1986 Petrus.
- Jimmy Butler hauled a wine case with him to the Olympics.